ABC Event: Excursion to the Tsukiji Market
Announced several times and showing up in the media, Tokyo’s famous fish market Tsukiji is about to move to a new location.
After some eighty years in the same location the market is going to move to Toyosu this autumn, making the ABC fish market excursion one of the last chances to visit the market in the current location. Moreover with our cooperation partner, Mr. Tomo Akiyama who runs the one and only culinary school inside Tsukiji, we are going to visit the inside market (築地場内), get an explanation about how to prepare a seafood dish as well as hearing the pros and cons of the move to Toyosu.
Program in more detail:
9.30: gather at the A1 exit of Oedo line, Tsukiji Shijo Station, jointly walk to Akiyama’s culinary school
The walk only takes a few minutes, but it is crowded and we need to start punctually at the school.
10.00: 15min walking tour inside Tsukiji fish market (we start the walking tour at ten sharp, right after the busy hours!)
10.15: return to the culinary school, experience a Washoku/Japanese cuisine cooking demonstration and explanation of Katsuo-no-Tataki (or equivalent depending on market availability) — a popular seasonal dish in Japan.
Our teacher for this will be a chef formerly working at the premium Japanese restaurant “Yama-Zato” (Hotel Okura)
approx. 11.10: Presentation including Q&A regarding the transfer of the fish market from Tsukiji to Toyosu
approx. 12.00: end of program
Please be aware:
- we will walk inside the fish market, so please wear casual shoes, NO high heels or similar, shoes are likely to get a bit dirty
- as we are moving in groups, it is impossible to visit the market any earlier than ten in the morning. As you probably know, access to the early Tuna Auction is limited and random, there was no way to include this in a group program.
- we have a limit of twenty people for this tour, so please sign up as soon as possible. We accept up to two persons per member, additional guests can be accepted to a waiting list.
Participation fee: JPY 10,000
We are looking forward to having you at the excursion for this exciting and unique program.
Please register by June 13, 2018
Payment by bank transfer, please register HERE
Payment by PEATIX by credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB or AMEX), please register HERE
Note for Payment by PEATIX
- You need to create your account by Peatix (for free) or sign in with your account of Twitter/Facebook/Google+.
- Any cancellation after your payment or no-show will be charged.
Deadline: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Please note that cancellations after the deadline or no-shows require full payment.