4th Inter-Chamber Ski Race
Ski, snow, fun, race, family and friends – key words for the great mixture we had at our 3rd Inter-Chamber Ski Race in 2018. Now we are ready to start registration for the 2019 edition.
About Ski Race:
– event location, Happo-One, Hakuba, Nagano, http://www.happo-one.jp/english/
– two runs with the better time counting
– slightly extend the length of track
– start a little bit earlier, finish around lunch time on Saturday to have Saturday afternoon free for skiing
– registration for the race is done by the Hakuba tourism agency
– evening party with great food and raffle prizes
– evening party venue, Hakuba Tokyu Hotel, 1F Grand Hall
– support by the local ski school and tourism office for setting up the race
Race day: January 26th (Saturday), we recommend staying from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th
Race start will be 9.30am, registration and pick-up of numbers starts at 8.30am
Evening/Award Party will start at 6.00pm
Race: JPY 2,500 per adult, JPY 1,250 for minors under 20
Award Party: JPY 5,500 for participants over 12yo, JPY 2,500 for children up to 12 years, free for children under 3yo
ABC organizes all your registration.
Please choose the payment method below;
via Bank transfer please register HERE
via Credit card please register HERE
Deadline: January 13, 2019
Please book your own hotel! We have gathered a list of hotels in Hakuba. Please find HERE for the Hotellist.
Due to an upturn in the ski industry and interest from tourists, the weekends are usually well booked. Therefore, please book early!
Transport to the location:
Please choose your own modes of transport. The following public transport are working well in our experience:
– Shinkansen to Nagano Station, then switch to Highway Bus, approx. 2 ½ to 3 hours
Highway buses from Nagano station depart every hour. Take the East Exit at Nagano station and get on Hakuba bound buses at bus stop no. 6.
The Bus stop in Happo-one, Hakuba, is about 5min walk to the hotel
– Super Azusa Chuo limited express train directly to Hakuba station, approx. 4 hours
After arrival at Hakuba station you best take a taxi to your hotel or ask the hotel how to go there (approx. 10min by car)
– Highway Bus from Shinjuku to Happo-one, approx. 4,5 hours
Cost conscious solution with approx. JPY 9,000 go and return
If you have no ski equipment, no worries! There are plenty of rental shops in Hakuba. We recommend the Head Sports Station ( http://head-sportsstation.jp/hakuba/).
We are looking forward to your participation!
Please note, if you have friends who would like to promote this event in other organizations, please forward the flyer. The event is intended as an event open beyond chamber members.
This event is supported by the following Chambers of Commerce and Industry in Japan:
Swiss , Netherland and Luxembourg, Canadian, Denmark, Australian and New Zealand.
More cooperation partners yet to come!