2nd Inter-Chamber Ski Race 2017
Ski, snow, fun, race, family and friends – key words for the great mixture we had at our 1st Inter-Chamber Ski Race in 2016. Now we are ready to start registration for the 2017 edition.
What is new? What has worked in the past?
– two runs with the better time counting (instead of just one run in 2016)
– slightly extend the length of track
– start a little bit earlier, finish around lunch time on Saturday to have Saturday afternoon free for skiing
– registration for the race is done by the Hakuba tourism agency
– event location, Happo-One, Hakuba, Nagano, http://www.happo-one.jp/english/
– evening party with great food and raffle prizes
– evening party venue, Hakuba Tokyu Hotel, 1F Grand Hall
– support by the local ski school and tourism office for setting up the race
Race day: January 28th (Saturday), we recommend staying from Friday 27th to Sunday 29st
Race start will be 9.30am, registration and pick-up of numbers starts at 8.30am
Evening/Award Party will start at 6.00pm
Race: JPY 2,500 per adult, JPY 1,250 for minors under 20
Award Party: JPY 4,000 per adult, JPY 2,000 for children under 12 years old.
Please fill out the back side of the attached pdf invitation flyer and send it back to Mr Hideki Akimoto by Email, firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence with Mr Akimoto please in English or Japanese.
Here is the Flyer HERE!
Deadline: January 17
Please book your own hotel! We have gathered a list of hotels in Hakuba. Please find HERE for the Hotellist.
Due to an upturn in the ski industry and interest from tourists, the weekends are usually well booked. Therefore, please book early!
Transport to the location:
Please choose your own modes of transport. The following public transport are working well in our experience:
– Shinkansen to Nagano Station, then switch to Highway Bus, approx. 2 ½ to 3 hours
Highway buses from Nagano station depart every hour. Take the East Exit at Nagano station and get on Hakuba bound buses at bus stop no. 6.
The Bus stop in Happo-one, Hakuba, is about 5min walk to the hotel
– Super Azusa Chuo limited express train directly to Hakuba station, approx. 4 hours
After arrival at Hakuba station you best take a taxi to your hotel or ask the hotel how to go there (approx. 10min by car)
– Highway Bus from Shinjuku to Happo-one, approx. 4,5 hours
Cost conscious solution with approx. JPY 9,000 go and return
If you have no ski equipment, no worries! There are plenty of rental shops in Hakuba. We recommend the Head Sports Station ( http://head-sportsstation.jp/hakuba/).
We are looking forward to your participation!
Please note, if you have friends who would like to promote this event in other organizations, please forward the flyer. The event is intended as an event open beyond chamber members.